"50 Things You Need to Give Up Now". I've decided to post these 50 things. Not all at once. It's a little overwhelming. If I post 10 a day, I think it's easier to try and achieve giving up these things or at least bringing them to your attention. These are things that I find myself thinking about often and trying to improve upon.
These are my favorite 10 things so far! Each of them in so relatable this go-round.
1. Give up focusing on what you don’t want to happen. – Focus on what you do want to happen. Positive thinking is at the forefront of every great success story.
2. Give up taking yourself so seriously. – Few others do anyway. So enjoy yourself and have a little fun while you can.
3. Give up spending your life working in a career field you’re not passionate about. – Life is too short for such nonsense. The right career choice is based on one key point: Finding hard work you love doing. So if you catch yourself working hard and loving every minute of it, don’t stop. You’re on to something big. Because hard work isn’t hard when you concentrate on your passions.
4. Give up thinking about the things you don’t have. – Appreciate everything you do have. Many people aren’t so lucky. Remember this.
5. Give up doubting others. – People are determined do remarkable things. Remember, the one who says it can’t be done should never interrupt the one doing it.
6. Give up fussing with every beauty product on the market. – Good looks attract the eyes. Personality attracts the heart. Be proud to be you. That’s when you’re most beautiful.
7. Give up trying to fit in. – Don’t mold yourself into someone you’re not. Be yourself. Often times, the only reason they want you to fit in is that once you do they can ignore you and go about their business.
8. Give up trying to be different for the sake of being different. – Nonconformity for the sake of nonconformity is conformity. When people try too hard to be different, they usually end up being just like everyone else who is trying to be different. Once again, be yourself.
9. Give up trying to avoid risk. – There’s no such thing as ‘risk free.’ Everything you do or don’t do has an inherent risk.
10. Give up putting your own needs on the back burner. – Yes, help others, but help yourself too. If there was ever a moment to follow your passion and do something that matters to you, that moment is now.