"50 Things You Need to Give Up Now". I've decided to post these 50 things. Not all at once. It's a little overwhelming. If I post 10 a day, I think it's easier to try and achieve giving up these things or at least bringing them to your attention. These are things that I find myself thinking about often and trying to improve upon.
1. Give up beating around the bush. – Say what you mean and mean what you say. Communicate effectively.
2. Give up avoiding change. – However good or bad a situation is now, it will change. That’s the one thing you can count on. So embrace change and realize that change happens for a reason. It won’t always be easy or obvious at first, but in the end it will be worth it.
3. Give up your sense of entitlement. – Nobody is entitled to anything in this world. We are all equal. We breathe the same air. We get what we give. We get what we earn.
4. Give up waiting until the last minute. – Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.
5. Give up being dramatic. – Stay out of other people’s drama and don’t needlessly create your own.
6. Give up being anti-athletic. – Get your body moving!
7. Give up junk food. – You are what you eat.
8. Give up eating as a means of entertainment. – Don’t eat when you’re bored. Eat when you’re hungry.
9. Give up foolish habits that you know are foolish. – Don’t text and drive. Don’t drink and drive. Don’t smoke. Etc.
10. Give up relationships with people who bring you down. – Saying “no” to right people gives you the time and resources required to say “yes” to right opportunities. Spend time with nice people who are smart, driven and likeminded.