Saturday, March 26, 2011

Shenanigans

Birthday shenanigans, vintage shopping shenanigans, and dancing shenanigans! Yesterday was fantastic. It was my mother's birthday. She opened the gifts I got her first thing in the morning. Happy birthday, Mom!
My mother loved the vintage glass, star-cut pitcher that I picked up at our local antique store. She's been collecting this entire set for years now. I knew that she didn't have the pitcher yet so I bought it right away knowing she would be ecstatic.

Then, we went thrift shopping and stopped for lunch. Found some really cool things at the shops this week!
A Royal typewriter. Vintage must-have for any journalist, right? Also stopped at the mall where I tried on every pair of heels that I've been lusting after, just to see what they looked like. Loved these Jessica Simpson's... $99. I'll wait for sale season, and scoure the internet for a lower price!
Came home and relaxed with my mom and for a while after shopping all day. They're visiting me from Pennsylvania for the next few days. Always nice to have family visit (but I'm always ready for them to leave so I can have a house to myself again, too... shhhh.)

Went to see Sean K. Preston & the Loaded Pistols perform later last night with some girlfriends. GREAT band! I was in LOVE the moment these boys played Peggy Lee's "Fever". So fun.
Dancing! Yes. Except all of the boys that run in our little "crew" are too scared to dance with us. They're afraid they might mess up. Who cares? We girls have decided that we can both 'lead' and 'follow' just fine.

Until next time... Enjoy the sunshine!

No comments: