Monday, March 14, 2011

Nature Preserve

I had a rough morning... one involving drilling a root out of my tooth and replacing it with a big steel post. Root canals suck. The endodontist (who was very nice and said I was a "tough girl") prescribed me to a prescription and pain killer. I hate taking medicine. I'm so reluctant to take big pills that I'd rather deal with whatever symptoms are headed my way... but my mouth was throbbing!

The laundry list of side-effects for medications is crazy. I decided to drink a fruit smoothie with these meds and get outside so I wouldn't notice the effect of drowsiness, bloating, headache, dizziness, etc. I took Sandi, and my swollen mouth, to the nearby 142 acre nature preserve by the bay. It was beautiful and it felt great to be in the sunlight even if my face was aching.
Sandi is the BIGGEST fan of water that you'll ever meet. I can't even keep her out of puddles when it rains. Sometimes, she escapes from my yard and runs straight to the bay - coming home covered in bay scum. These salt marshes are beautiful and are the perfect place to release some labradoodle energy. I really enjoy them, too.

Needless to say, our walk didn't last as long as I had hoped. I've been working from my bed all afternoon with an ice pack against my cheek. So thankful that I got to enjoy some spring-like weather today with my doodle and that my tooth is fixed (almost, I still need to get it crowned).

Living along the coast has its perks.

No comments: