Wednesday, May 2, 2012

In my garden...



I was an extremely proud little lady yesterday. So excited about something so silly, yet so incredibly awesome. 

I try to be as Earth-friendly as possible. I'm extremely adamant about recycling. I re-use everything. I try to purchase as much locally produced products as my budget allows. I was born with a green thumb. 

Since before I was born, my mother was an extreme gardener. Because of her I've always had a strong desire to nurture plants, trees, and other forms of greenery (like moss, lichens, and pond scum. true story.). 

For the past 3 years I've been planting, monitoring, and raising some delicious vegetables, fruits, and herbs in my backyard. This year, I think I've finally got the hang of it. My vegetables are growing rapidly and I'm really enjoying the fact that I can eat the product of something that I had planted as a seed or seedling.

Case in point... my lettuce! Last night, I harvested 3 different kinds of leafy lettuce from my garden and made a delicious salad to pair with dinner (I cooked some Chicken Marsala. yum.). 


I was so proud of my little lettuce and so happy to be consuming something that I grew all on my own. 

Now, the rest of my vegetables just need to grow a little (some need to do a lot of growing) before I can harvest them, too. Anyone else excited to be gardening and eating their own fruits of hard-work, research, and determination?

No comments: