Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Vintage Wedding Photos

(source.)

A wedding day should be one of the most important days of any couple’s life. It’s not doubt that photos are important on this day. What’s even more important? Holding on to those photos.


Wedding photos are a way to provide future generations with delightful memories and thoughts. While searching Etsy for supplies for the many veils and hair fascinators I’ve been crafting the past few days, I came across dozens of old wedding photos listed, for sale, on Etsy. I was amazed. To think that these couples’s photos were saved, most likely separated from their families, picked up by a stranger, and then listed on Etsy for someone else to enjoy. I may have extra funds to purchase all of these beautiful photographs and treasure them, but I sure do like browsing the listings checking them out.

The decorations, the outfits, the hair, the makeup, the emotions… Photos are the most amazing way to capture a wedding. Take a look at the photos below. What do you think?


(source.)

(source.)

(source.)

(source.)

(source.)

(source.)



There’s a charm, a nostalgic feeling that conjures up when I look at old photos. Even though I have no idea who these folks actually are, I can’t help but feel slightly connected to them. Have you ever stumbled upon some old wedding photos?

No comments: