Monday, January 9, 2012

Oh, honeybell.

Monday, Monday. Back to the real world. Drove home from Philadelphia last night with a lovely friend and Sandi Doodle. I do adore that city and all of the entertainment options it provides.

I had been tracking my mail lady online all day on Friday because I had a special package headed my way... I got a new lens for my camera! I've been experimenting with it the past few days. Trying different settings, figuring out the lighting, taking pictures of silly things just to see how they turn out. For example:
(Honeybells. Super juicy goodness!)


(Extra strong coffee with my Papa's homemade honey and froth. Created by a certain Mr. who enjoys whipping up good food for breakfast.)
It was 65 degrees on January 7th. Unseasonable warm. Much enjoyed. The weather made for a beautiful trip to Valley Forge. We hiked a nice long trail and saw lots of other dogs. Sandi only had a handful of freakouts. I was more stressed about other dogs than she was.
I was really excited about hiking actual hills. We don't have those on the coast. Everything is beyond flat. Apparently, tree-covered elavation excites me. Who knew?

Sunday was spent sleeping in, attending the Lovesick Expo, and shopping. I may have actually eaten a real Philly cheesesteak, too. I didn't think red meat covered in cheese could taste so good. Lovesick was incredible. World Cafe Live was filled with some of the raddest vendors on the central East Coast. So much inspiration and so many hip people. (I may or may not have come to the conclusion that I am indeed a hipster... & I'm okay with that. I think.) Birdhouse Productions had an adorable booth set up and I had a great time telling a few people about the Borrowed Event. Running into Jill and Ryan of Jillian McGrath Photography was a highlight of my day. I met Maggie of Magpie Vintage Rentals for the first time, too. Such an inspiring group of young wedding magicians. All of them.
I'm convinced that one of these days, I will work in the wedding industry. Maybe. It'd be lovely. I don't think there's anything like a beautiful, creative, and well-put-together wedding.

Thank you to my handsome host for putting up with all of my crazy singing, for allowing me to take over his house with all of my belongings (including all 6 pairs of shoes I brought with for a 2-day trip), and for always showing me a good time.

I drank lots of warm tea at work today. It was a nice day in the office. I interviewed Forever Lucky Films for our Down the Aisle - Eastern Shore Style feature on Shorebread this morning. Another phenominal wedding videographer on the Eastern Shore. Can't wait to see new work from them!
I have a list of DIY projects to conqour this week. Hope everyone had a lovely and relaxing weekend. Stay tuned for a few photo-filled posts as I figure out my new lens. Happy Monday.

No comments: