Friday, September 9, 2011

Interviews

I just had my first job interview in Hawaii... for Quiksilver/Roxy as a visual merchandiser. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please! I hope, hope, hope that I get this job or find another fantastic job soon. I'd love to get the career train moving along again!
My parents arrived 2 days ago. They're cruisin' in Waikiki. They did a bus tour today that sounded awesome! I might have to do one of those. Kind of reminded me of one of those L.A. tours where they point out where all of the famous people live and movies were filmed... except this was Oahu edition.

I've been spending alot of time on the beach. Can you blame me? I've already started collecting and drilling all kinds of pretty shells and seaglass from our local beaches. I have a favorite new surf break, too. & my arms are killing me from the far paddle outs here. Totally worth all of the extra work to be surfing in crystal clear, tealy blue waters though. Saw my first honu (sea turtle) yesterday. Quite an enchanting experience.
We don't get much rain here on the west side of the island, but I know that back home in Pensylvania, my friends and family are getting pounded by rain! Hurricane after hurricane after tropical storm. My sister keeps sending me picture messages of all of the flooding. I heard that the buffalos at the Hershey Zoo even got washed away! Poor little (huge) creatures. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who's dealing with storm damage.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends! TGIF!

No comments: