Friday, August 12, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Hola, Amigas! (& Amigos, maybe) I'm home from vacation! It feels like forever since I've been home. 12 days actually. Still - such a long time off and away from my cozy abode. I worked the past 2 days straight and have come home to empty my suitcases, fix up my garden, mow the grass, and clean up a little. It's totally true that you have to bust your butt twice as hard when you come home from vacation to make up for what you missed. Well, in this house it's that way, at least.

(Minx & Sandi were my loyal companions who slept in with me every morning.)

Thought I'd share some pictures of what I was up to while on my getaway to Central Pennsylvania last week. I can only offer a few Instagram photos at the moment because of a hiking disaster that destroyed my favorite point-&-shoot camera. My little waterproof, shockproff Olympus Stylus lasted me a good 6 years. Pretty aweome for a $150 camera purchased refurbished off of eBay when I was in college. She bit the dust (literally) while walking the rail-trails in Marietta, PA. No worries though, I've got a brand new Canon Rebel traveling through the postal service right this very second! I can't wait to have my hands on her!

(Pretty historic stonework at the Lancaster Theological Seminary library.)

(Headed to the art gallery at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster.)

(The beautiful, historic and charming Stehli Silk Mill.)

(Lunch date with these two handsome studs that I know.)

(The Fulton Theater opens for new shows in less than a month!)
 
 

(Looked for antique furniture (for a prospective new apartment! eek!) and collectibles at the Conestoga Antique Auction.)

(My pretty little Classic '67 Saab now has a grill, hood, and fenders that fit!)
 

(I had 2 whole Cowboy Crunch burritos from Neato Burrito. Delicious. I'd eat them everyday.)


(Drove through Reistville, PA on our way to fun wedding reception... Guess this is only cool if your last name is Reist or something.)
 

(Watched #13 kick some hockey ars. Summertime hockey is the best.)

(Home sweet home! Headed straight to the beach to watch the boats rush in with their daily catches, sip on my Chai latte, and stick my toes in the sand.)

Things are quickly getting back to normal round these parts. Minus that fact that I don't have kitchen counter-tops at the moment. A talented handyman (also known as my dad) ripped out my country-blue laminent counters because I'm getting new, sparkly granite counter-tops installed next week! Transforming the beach house, at last. I'm excited to see how the new kitchen will look after all of my parents' effort and labor.

Thank you to my wonderful hostess (with the mostest) for putting me up for so many days. It meant the world to me.

I'll put lots of pictures up from some fun things we did before my Olympus passed away. Get ready for it!

No comments: