Friday, June 10, 2011

Just a few things

I've had an incredible week. One of those weeks that's filled with so many special little things that really makes you appreciative of everything you have. Here are some moments that I really enjoyed this week... & I'm telling you, they are the littlest things but they make me so happy.

1.) Finding FruitStripe gum at one of my favorite stores downtown, Mommalicious. It was just like being a kid again! Wacky flavors that only last for a minute, temporary tattoos on the gum wrappers, and fun packaging. I gave a piece to each of my friends and loved their reactions (& then the rest melted because I left it in the sun. Oh well.)
2.) Thrift score of the week! I picked up this Geisha lamp earlier this week. She was only $8! Can't wait to find a shade that's fitting to top her off. Made out of porcelain in the 1960's.
3.) These two. Minx & Sandi. I can't tell you how loved I feel when they rush to the door to greet me when I get home from a meeting or an afternoon adventure. They love it when I take them on long walks, and put leftover rice in their food dishes, they curl up next to me in bed in the morning when I'm all by myself. I swear that Sandi knows me better than most humans.
 
4.) Swimming on a day when it's 101 degrees outside! Neal let a few of us spend a couple of hours splashing around in his pool yesterday. It was so refreshing and the perfect way to cool off after working for while. Of course, I took my underwater camera with. How else would I get goofy incriminating pictures like this?
5.) The way the sky gets so dark and moody after a huge rain storm with thunder and lightening. In the country, storms always feel so much heavier. Aren't these pretty dark shots?
6.) Last but not least - Being able to make lots of fun jewelry and accessories. I made a whole bunch of starfish headbands because I've had many requests for them at work. Hopefully these little guys find nice homes over the weekend. I love seeing other people enjoy the things that I craft. Awesome!
 I hope that you're having an enjoyable week as well! Try to stay cool in the crazy East Coast heat waves. It's been over 100 degrees for more than 5 days. Take it easy this weekend!

No comments: