Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cruisin'

For one weekend the streets of Ocean City are stuck in a time warp. Or they appear that way when it's Cruisin' Weekend in our coastal community. During Cruisin' Weekend, thousands of pre-1970 cars flock to the shore. It's quite the site... and sound... and smell, too. There are actually two Cruisin' Weekends; one in the spring and another in the fall.

The folks that own these cruisers are quite a bunch. They spend hours upon hours perfecting their cars and use this weekend to showcase their hard work. It's so neat to talk to a classic car owner that's pleased with their automotive progress and restoration projects. You can tell that their vehicles are near and dear to their heart. Here are a few of my favorite snap-shots from the last 3 days:
Pretty snazzy? I'd say so! They are all so neat. Can you imagine driving around in one of those beauties all the time?

Hopefully my little Saab project will be a joy to drive! I was kind of disappointed that I didn't spot any classic Saabs in Ocean City over the weekend. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for the same '67 Saab my dad and I recently purchased. My dad went to the Carlisle Car Show over the weekend and said he spotted at least 3 classic Saabs there... and he is now an official member of the Central Penn Saab Club. Awesome! Funny to think that my dad and I were both looking at classic cars at the same time just 4 hours away from one another. Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, after all.

No comments: