Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

Whew! This weekend was quite a whirlwind. I keep reminding myself to play catch up and get some Zzzz's, but I have so much I'd like to get done today! I'll sleep later. I hope that your Easter weekend was lovely. Here's a little recap of everything that kept me occupied the past few days...

I went to 2 hockey games... in 1 night. One in Lancaster the other in Hershey. I think that #13 has a nice butt.
(I love this shot. One of the mens rooms at the old Hersheypark Arena.)

I went to 2 shows. Punk rock by Locals, Dead Lizard, Kid PA, & Olde Tigers at a friend’s house in York, PA on Saturday night. It was fantastic watching these boys (pictures below, don't worry) tear it up. I saw Kid PA kick it last weekend, too. Also randomly checked out a few bands play at this little coffee shop in Camp Hill, PA called the Whole Cannoli. Rather interesting for Monday night punk rock.
My dad went to pick up my new old car. That's a 1967 Saab 96 on the right. My new Saab now has an older sibling! Yes, this is the same Saab that I had been discouraged about last weekend. My dad talked the man down in price. Couldn't pass up a gem like this in a Saab-loving family. I'll be posting lots more about this new vehicle, I'm sure. Consider this just a sneak peak in the car-transforming process.
Easter dinner in Harrisburg, PA was very enjoyable. I think that I was in a bit of a food-coma after dinner. It felt really good. I love getting together to eat a good home-cooked meal every once in a while. The weather on Easter Sunday was phenomenal!
I did lots of other things too... some interesting urban exploration, vintage shopping, and outdoorsy things that I'll have separate posts on. I took so many pictures this weekend that I'm having fun just browsing through them over and over. That's a sign of a good weekend, right?

I'm hoping that this week flies by! It's already gaining momentum. I had off of work yesterday and only drove back to Maryland early this morning. I was welcomed home by Slater, a clean house, beautiful weather, and LOTS of pollen. Friday can't come soon enough!
 

No comments: