Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ami's Mermaid Jewelry Update

My hands have calluses from drilling through seashells, sea glass, and stitching starfish this weekend! Hooray for new items in the Ami's Mermaid Jewelry collection. It's almost summer so the local, Ocean City, shops are stocking up and filling their accessory cases. I'm making lots of new things to fill those cases, too.

Check these little guys out! What do you think? Something very different for my line. They're made out of recycled/reused vintage fabric scraps. The rest of my jewelry is made from found objects so these stick with the idea of repurposing an item to create something fun and funky to accessorize your wardrobe.
Please excuse my red hair (it's a little out-of-control in these pictures) and my makeupless face. I believe that weekends are for letting your skin breath, especially when you spend the entire day in your garage workshop.
These earrings hang approximately an inch from my shoulder bones and are super eye-catching. Whether you wear your hair up or down, short or long, these earrings will get noticed - for sure. I'll be working on gathering some old vintage fabric scraps to make them in different colors and patterns.

In other great jewelry news: You'll be able to find Ami's Mermaid Jewelry at Quiet Storm Surf Shop this summer! I'm so stoked about this! I took a few pieces in last week to see what the managers thought, and they sold one of my pieces before even calling me back to tell me that they're interested in carrying my jewelry. Stellar to think that someone bought one of my pieces before they were even tagged for sale! I love it. Quiet Storm Surf Shop is located on 74th Street and Coastal Highway in Ocean City, MD. Stop by, say 'hi' to my friend Phil if he's working, ohh & ahh over the jewelry cases, and try on lots of cute clothes at this store.

That's about it from the jewelry workshop right now. Let me know what you think of these new funky earrings, please! stop by Quiet Storm and see some Mermaid Jewelry, too. I'll have some more updates coming soon.

No comments: