Wednesday, May 11, 2011

10 Things I Love

1.) The shoe collection at BHLDN. Vintage-inspired, glittery, and lots of dainty details. I'd like one of each pair, please.
2.) I've been a little Betsey Johnson crazed as of late. I must have admired the pretty pink jewelry case at Macy's for over a half-hour during my last visit to the mall. I didn't buy anything... but I did come home to search eBay. These earrings will be dangling from my ears. & I scored them for a much better price!
3.) These portraits by Stefany Alve's on Flickr. She (rarely) shows her face in this 3-year series. A neat concept, I think. My dad reads my blog (yes, he reads this blog) and then makes fun of my portrait poses. He imitates them just to make me laugh. He says that I like pictures of my side profile. True.
4.) Making pillow case dresses and sending them to Hati. I heard about this project yesterday on Smile and Wave and need to start making some right away. I'm rounding up my extra pillow cases. These dresses will be distributed to little Hatian school girls. Think that if I use a king size pillow case it might fit me? I'd like to make one for myself, too. Only 20 minutes to sew a dress! Look here for more info. Sewing for a good cause - sounds perfect to me!
5.) This website (it's in Russian) shows the source photos from many of Gil Elvgren's paintings. Elvgren was the king of painting cheesecake-styled pin-up gals in the '50s -'60s.  Look at how real these ladies look? Even through painting, you can see touch-ups and fixes. So neat to see how an artist transforms things.
6.) A blooming garden! Seems as though my green thumb is paying off. My gardens look great and is finally blooming. My irises and roses are adding color to my yard. My parsley is multiplying at a rapid pace. My strawberries are ready to turn red and be devoured.
7.) This song (& video). I just can't get enough. It reminds me of home. Not necessarily where I am living right now, but home. You know what I mean? Such a perfect song.
8.) Girls night out! Twice in one week. Cheers to not feeling like a homebody anymore! Much thanks to these ladies for two great nights out on the town.
9.) Moden kitchens with retro touches. Several retro touches. These kitchens are so dreamy.
10.) Ginger beer. I'm obsessed with this stuff. I drink it on a daily basis. It's like pungent ginger ale mixed with root beer. Goya ginger beer has an intense burn (but is quite good mixed with ginger ale). Sarnac ginger beer has more high fructose corn syrup than ginger and Barrits Bermuda-style ginger beer tastes identical to ginger ale. Gosling's is my all-time favorite. So zesty and refreshing. If you have never tried it, I suggest you do! I may even try to make my own sometime soon.
Hope these little favorites of mine made you smile... or something along those lines. Enjoy the sunshine today! Remember, it's hump day and we're half-way to the weekend!

2 comments:

Cassie Bierley said...

I LOVE this one...love the gardens, love the kitchens, love the turquoise shoes, and LOVE the pillow case dresses!!! Did you make them?

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

YEP another great list! Mmmm I have never tried ginger beer but it sounds good..I like ginger and I like beer so sounds good to me!