Sunday, March 20, 2011

Luau

The Live Aloha Luau was fantastic! I had such a great time with some close friends and other eco-loving individuals from our coastal town. I'm hoping that we raised LOTS of money for the Maryland Coastal Bays Program and the Ocean City Surfrider Foundation today. I know that myself, dressed as a mermaid, and my hula-girl clad friends sold a bunch of raffle tickets and the silent auction items drew a lot of attention.

Here are a few pictures of the fun had at today's Luau:
The Ohana Dancers
Ko, myself, Tracy, & Meegan dressed up and selling raffle tickets
Local Coastal Bay supporters
Rum Reily performed while the boys from Super Fun Eco Tours sold 50/50 tickets
Honu, representing the Surfrider Foundation, with the Ohana Dancers
Rum Reily
My Mermaid Jewlry got several bids :)
This lovely lady, Vera, won the auction and took home my pretty jewelry basket
 We are so lucky to live in a supportive community that cares about our environment. Lovin' the Coastal Bays and Surfrider Foundation...

No comments: