Friday, March 11, 2011

Busy (& Exciting) Day

Good morning! Thank goodness it's Friday! I've been looking forward to the weekend since I came home from Chicago on Monday. It's getting kinda hectic around here.

I had to wake up extra early this morning... but for a good reason. I was on the radio this morning talking about the Maryland Coastal Bays Program and our local chapter of the Surfrider Foundation's upcoming events. Our event calendars are packed! The morning show on 98.1 Irie Radio with radio personality, Bulldog, is always fun. I've done this show a few times already and will continue to as long as these organizations need me. Sandi and Glen, from these non-profit organizations are great to work with and do such a fantastic job of creating awareness for these needed programs. It's awesome to get to do radio work again, considering I did gradute from college with a degree in Broadcast Communication. Volunteer work is so fulfilling.

Headed to the beach for a few minutes to let Sandi run wild. She (and me, too) loves it! So thankful that we have such a beautiful place to play. She found this gross, empty horseshoe crab shell and made it her new favorite toy.
I can't imagine how things are in Japan and the other Pacific islands right now. My heart goes out to those threatened by the earthquakes and tsunamis today. I'm going to make sure I stay up-to-date with the news this afternoon.

I just finished my work for the weekend... I had OceanCity.com on fire last night with lots of newly published stories. Glad I completed everything that I wanted to have done because I'm headed to New Jersey in a few! I've seemed to score another great opportunity over the past few weeks. I used some of my pretty portfolio, much thanks to Frank Fleming Photography and Jon Allen Photo, to get a gig as a studio model for Too Fast Clothing Co. Pretty rad! I'm stoked! Hopefully I get to model some killer vintage-inspired, rockabilly dresses today!
Wish me luck! I'll let you know how everything goes! The super-awesome Ocean City St. Patrick's Day Parade is tomorrow. I'll be supporting the Surfrider Foundation in the parade so look for me and I'll toss you some candy! May the luck of the Irish be with you (and me) and God Bless the Pacific right now!

No comments: