Tuesday, February 22, 2011

trash to treasure: my leopard table

Who am I kidding? I’m a huge dumpster diver. Well, I should say that it’s not something that I do on a daily basis. Only when I see something peeking out of a trash pile that’s calling my name.

Last week, this table caught my eye. It was sitting on the curb outside of the diner next to our local Starbucks. I peddled past it while riding bikes through town and knew that if it was still there when I went back, that it was going to be coming home with me.
I called my boyfriend, who’s really handy and has an SUV that’s really helpful in these situations, and he graciously loaded it up for me. I do have to say that he thought it was trash.


Anyways, this is my pretty little table now! I think it’s stellar. Just my shabby-chic style.

It took some peeling off of contact paper, paint stripper, lots of sanding, 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of white paint, some acrylic (& sparkly) paint, 2 coats of clear coat, and some white caulk to fill in some cracks.

What do you think? I think it’s pretty cool since it was a disaster! I'm going to use it as my new jewelry-making work bench. ‘Gotta love good trash days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Check out this table, and lots of other cool DIY items, at http://www.flickr.com/groups/1567172@N20/!