Monday, February 28, 2011

Thrift Store Finds: Spademan Pottery


I love the feeling I get when I find fantastic things at a thrift store... Easily amused, right? My man always says, "'Yer very thrifty, babes!" He speaks the truth. I'm the kinda gal that only buys thing that were previously used or have big clearance stickers on them!

Yesterday was a rather slow Sunday. I didn't have any plans (except for a girls-night-out dinner later in the day that was a blast!) so I decided to head to our local Goodwill. By local, I mean a 40+ minute drive. I'm at this store all time looking for treasures. This is what I scooped up during yesterday's trip:

2 adorable Spademan Pottery mugs! One features a little white west highland terrier and the other is a chocolate lab. Spademan Pottery is based out of Cambridge, MA.  I've visited New England many times and have seen these mugs while vacationing. I've always wanted a few little doggie coffee mugs but the price tags made me hesitate. I'm glad I waited because I practically stole these beauties from the thrift store! I purchased them for about 85% off of the original price by thrifting! Yes!
A vintage cotton tassel bedspread! Light pink, super soft, and too small for my bed... but, who cares! It's definitely shabby chic and I liked it. I think it's meant to fit a twin sized bed, not a California king. I'm one of the weirdos that loves to have blankets on my bed. Last night I slept with 5 layers of bedding, a boyfriend, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a new blanket in/on my bed. Sandi loves it, too, obviously.
Crazy Hawaiian print fabric! I didn't actually purchase this fabric. I thought it was adorable but don't have a use for it at the time. I'll have to wait for a new sewing project to arise for this bold fabric. If it's at the thrift store next time I visit, I'll take it home with me. Any ideas of something I could make with it? The hula girl is adorable...

I love me some good thifting!

No comments: