Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SOPA & PIPA


I work full-time for an web design/internet marketing firm. I write several stories a week and photograph for a completely online magazine. I am a devoted blogger who enjoys sharing my lifestyle with web readers who have similar interests. I also use Facebook for both personal and business purposes. I am one of the millions of internet users and entrepreneurs who oppose SOPA and PIPA.


The Senate and the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and the Protect IP Act (PIPA) would like to censor the web and impose harmful regulations on American businesses. As an American whose career, livelihood, and lifestyle are based upon the internet, I am joining in a national day of protest to oppose the two bills currently placed before Congress.
(Source.)
I am just as opposed to the unlawful theft of original content as everyone else, but I also understand that internet piracy says that these two bills are misconstrued. Placing harmful regulations on the web standards would be tragic.
The Senate will begin voting on January 24th, 2012 regarding these acts. Please let them know how you feel.
If you haven’t voted yet, here are the links to do so:
It only takes a few minutes and could save someone’s career, lots of creativity, and continue the progression of inspiration found on the web. If you still have questions, watch this little video. It breaks everything down to its simplest form…
PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks The Internet from Fight for the Future on Vimeo.
 
I just had to say a little something about this. After all, I’d hate to see this effect my own blog, business, career, as well as yours.

No comments: