Saturday, July 2, 2011

Millsboro

Eek! I feel like I'm way behind with my blogging as of lately. Things are a bit hectic at the moment. Did I mention that I'm currently working 3 different jobs (meaning 72+ hour work weeks)? 4th of July weekend in a coastal town is like being in the circus. For real. I keep reminding myself that the busy summer season is all downhill after July 4th. That's when things get back to normal. Anyone else extremely busy paying bills, saving moolah, and working their tail feathers off this week?

Even with a crazy schedule, I try to pencil in some down time. For me, this means thrifting! I spent my only day off last week in Millsboro, DE. A tiny little town in the middle of Delaware that's filled with antiques and charming homes. There is a great Goodwill, several church-run thift stores, a vintage Bazaar, and a few antique stores all within a 3 mile radius. Sound like heaven? Here are a few pictures:
The Millsboro Bazaar is vintage hat central. They have (easily) over 200 women's hats alone.
I loved this jade-colored tea set. I wasn't very impressed by the price tag though. It was actually 15% off, but still out of my price range. I'll be sure to look for it during my next visit and hope that it's on sale, on sale, on sale.
I ended up going home with a pretty (non-vintage) summer skirt and a killer vintage basket purse. I'll have pictures to post later!

If you haven't stopped by A is for Ampersand lately, do so now! Amy featured one of my thift store scores in her most recent Thrifty Thursday post. Please check out her rad blog (full of cool inspirational ideas) and my fun black purse found at a thrift store.

Hope you're enjoying Independence weekend. Go play with some sparkelers for me, please!

4 comments:

Jamie @ Modern Vintage Coastal said...

I love, love, love the Bazaar! It is my ABSOLUTE favorite hidden treasure. I try to pop in every couple of weeks to get my fix...I could spend all day there. In fact I think I have already...once or twice! (LOL)

Have a great fourth, Ami! =)

Unknown said...

Me, too, Jamie! I realized that it had been over 5 months since I had visted the Bazaar last. It was like the entire stock had turned over since my last visit! So many great things. I adore the Bird & Bumble shabby chic room! Have a nice 4th, too. Hope you make it to the beach!

Chrissy said...

your blog is gorgeous! i followed you over from 'a is for ampersand' and am happy to be a new follower.

xoxo
http://tinylittlehappies.blogspot.com/

 Amy said...

You are an absolute gem. Thank you so much for the love!