Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Life on the Beach

It's Wednesday afternoon and I'm still thinking about how fantastic my weekend was. Filled with good friends, a special someone whom I adore, my father and a house filled with life. We spent most of the weekend on the beach. Relaxing. Something that we probably all need to do more often.

We packed up our beach chairs, umbrella, my big pink surfboard, some snacks and planned to camp out all day long. A huge storm rolled in on Saturday afternoon and chased us out. The rain soaked our belongings and the winds threw sand against our skin. We fled the beach while thinking about how beautiful the ocean looked as the storm was directly over top of Assateague Island... & then lightening struck really close to us and we quickly darted towards the dunes.
Storms on the shore are always beautifully. I usually welcome them, especially when we haven't had rain for a few weeks. My garden flowers needed it. We spent the rest of the afternoon being lazy at the house. Naps for everyone followed by a delicious dinner.

Have any nice memories with your friends during a storm? I wish I could have snapped some pictures of the wind peeling the waves back and the sand blowing in clouds down the beach. Instead, my hands were full and I was trying not to get shocked by lightening. Hope this weekend is just as relaxing!

1 comment:

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Love all your pictures girl!! I am so jealous..I need a beach day BAD..like really bad haha! Looks like you had a nice relaxing day :)