Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Full Blown Cherry

Last weekend, a few of my favorite girlfriends and I got dolled up and went to the local tavern to swing dance to a killer band called Full Blown Cherry. These boys are fantastic and we always have the best time when they play in our neighborhood. I know that my friends and I love gettting dressed up and dancing the evening away.
We practice our dance moves in my living room. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. It's no biggie though. It seems like usually there are only about 6 of us dancing anyways. Everyone else in the bar just watches as we cut a rug. I know that I've said before that I wish more boys would dance. It be much easier to spin and twirl with someone taller than you.
Full Blown Cherry plays 50's rock and rockabilly tunes that keep us twirling all night long. Even in our heels... and with a beehive hairdo!
Another fun night with close friends at the Steer Inn Tavern. I love Skip for bringing such awesome bands and great music to our little town. It's really swell. Can't wait for the next Rockabilly Night to get dressed up again and head out with the girls! Does anyone else have a place where they go to dance? If so, what's your favorite music to dance to?

No comments: