Friday, June 24, 2011

Taylor Road

I am in love with this location. I feel as though it's the perfect combination of blue skies, green wild flowers, gold grasses, and rust-colored remnants. The scenery at this spot off of Taylor Road, where an old farmstead had been, is a photographer's dream.

I accidentally found this place (& accidentally got poison patches on my shins, also). I noticed a lonesome brick chimney standing by a decaying old red shed with a rusted tin roof. I had to stop to take some pictures. There was a house down by the entrace of the dirt driveway and I was waiting for someone to drive back on a 4-wheeler, tractor, or dirt bike and yell at me but I must have been too quick for them to notice that I was plugging around their property (who knows if it even belongs to them?).
Many of my friends think it's irrational for me to go 'exploring' in my dresses and heels. I try to explain to them that it's not like I'm out specifically looking for these places. Normally, I just kind of stumble upon them and whatever outfit I'm wearing (typically a dress, skirt, heels, etc.) doesn't ever seem to stop me from my adventures. Quite the opposite, in fact. I'm more likely to take pictures if I'm wearing something I really enjoy. With that said, one outfit I really enjoy...
A green vintage French Connection dress given to me by my awesome friend Sarah a few years ago (thanks for the hand-me-downs, ProSauce!). It has this beautiful mesh embroidered layer and is 100% cotton. So comfortable on a warm summer day. I paired a pretty vintage scarf from the thrift store with it to fancy it up a bit. A vintage brown Etienne Aigner skinny belt passed down from my Mother and Jessica Simpson leather wedges scored at the Salvation Army for only $6.50!
Ta da! Vintage fashion blogging involving an abandoned house site in a pictress setting. Oh, the simple things that amuse me. If you saw a dirt driveway with a lonely chimney standing by itself, wouldn't you feel compelled to investigate? Maybe I'm alone in this quest of constant curiosity that leads me to these wierd places in funky outfits. I hope that you at least 'get a kick' out of reading about my adventures!

2 comments:

 Amy said...

Have I ever told you how much I love your blog? I have. But I'm telling you again because I love it. The combo of abandoned settings with vintage outfits is completely perfect. You're amazing!

Unknown said...

You're awesome, Ami! So stoked for our blog party!